Robert Ruhe, MBA
7276E Sauerkraut Lane/Macungie, PA 18062
Teach business at the college level, work as a consultant in general management or marketing/sales management, and instruct executives and managers in the art of business presentations.
30 years of C-level experience in general management, marketing, and sales. Background ranges from manufacturing and wholesale parts distribution to advertising, consulting, and corporate training. Personal characteristics include team player and team builder with diverse groups, dependable, highly flexible and versatile, and a skilled listener and communicator. Training executives since 2004 and teaching at the college level since 2008.
Verifiable Skills in
- Teaching and instructing
- Achieving goals and growing sales and bottom line profits
- Strong communication skills including executive level presentations, writing , and public speaking
- Business plan facilitation and development
- Creative concept development
- Budgets and forecasts
- Staff development and team building
- Performance analysis and corrective action
- Leading change
Adjunct Professor, Northampton Community College (Bethlehem, PA) 2008-Present
Professor for courses in Entrepreneurship, Principles of Selling, and Management Fundamentals.
Dale Carnegie/Leadership Institute (Allentown, PA) April 2004- Present
Instructor for High Impact Presentations and Team Building. Leadership Institute is one of the 10 largest Dale Carnegie franchisees in the world.
Cloister Wash & Lube (Reading/ Lancaster, PA) Jan 2009 to Jan 2011
Served as interim Marketing Manager. Worked on a part-time project basis helping to hire executives and marketing staff, plus served as Project Manager for Grace for Vets, a worldwide program that honors veterans on Veterans Day.
Bob Ruhe Company (Allentown, PA) 1999-Present
Bob Ruhe Company provides advertising, marketing, and business consulting services to clients in Southeastern Pennsylvania. These services are provided directly, or through contractor relationships.
Thomas Hardware (PA, IN, GA, CA) 1991-1998
Thomas was a four-location wholesale distributor of industrial hardware selling to emergency vehicle manufacturers, truck body and trailer manufacturers, and industrial equipment OEMs throughout North America. $20 million in annual sales and 50+ employees
Executive VP (‘91—’95)
Responsible for the company’s business plan, growth, and domestic and international relations. Duties included sales and marketing management, supplier relations, human resources management and staff training, and community relations.
- Achieved 28% average yearly sales growth and 24% average yearly profit growth
- Conceived, designed and managed the company’s advertising and marketing programs which were recognized as very innovative and the best in the industry
- Managed the design and production of four different market based catalogs
- Led the development of the company’s web site
- Initiated international sourcing which reduced the purchase cost of parts up to 50%
- Key member of a team that was selected Berks County’s Small Business of the Year in 1995 and Industrial Magazine’s Small Top 50 in 1998
- Led company wide efforts to embrace, design, and implement the use of technology, the understanding of diversity, and the power of employee involvement
- Responsible for developing the company’s market image which was the benchmark of its competitors
- Supervised the development and served as first team leader for the SWOP project (Stop Wasting Our Profits), an employee involvement program to reduce wasteful practices
Ruhe & Company (Reading, PA) 1985-1990
Ruhe & Company was a full service business to business advertising and marketing agency with clients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Purchased a struggling full service advertising agency and led it from the brink of bankruptcy to profitability. Responsible for all aspects of managing the firm, and was consistently the agency’s top revenue producer. Responsible for the development of advertising and marketing programs for a minor league baseball team, banks, truck equipment manufacturers, car dealerships, wholesale distributors, the United Way of Berks County, clothing manufacturers, and importers.
EDUCATION & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Education and Teaching
- BS in General Studies with a concentration in Speech Communications and Theatre, Kutztown University, Kutztown, PA
- MBA from Kutztown University December of 2008
- Adjunct Professor of Business, Northampton Community College
- Certified instructor for Dale Carnegie Training
- Board of Directors, Berks County Chamber of Commerce 1992
- Board of Directors, Threshold Rehabilitation Services 1988-1989
- Board of Directors, St Joseph’s Hospital Services 1991-1992
- Advertising and Marketing Committee, United Way of Berks County 1987-1988
- Three time advisor for PA Free Enterprise Week 1995-1997
- Board of Directors, Marvel Repertory Theatre, NYC, 2011
- Board of Directors, Kutztown University Alumni Association 2011